I’m Jimmy Clanton. I Work Quietly Behind the Scenes To Make Stonecrest Better.
The Clanton Family are Longtime Stonecrest/Lithonia Residents
Jimmy moved to Lithonia in 1986; 30 plus years later he’s still in Lithonia with his wife Edwina Clanton. Edwina and Jimmy champions a blended family of five children, Nicole Miles, Crystal Itsom, Jimmy Clanton, III, Alicia Lindsey and Timothy Clanton. Three of their adult children (Crystal, Jimmy III. and Alicia) graduated from DeKalb County schools; their youngest daughter Alicia also graduated from Strayer University, located in Stonecrest District 1.
The Clanton Family are Longtime Stonecrest/Lithonia Residents. I believe that every resident of Stonecrest should participate and invest in this great city.
What does transparency mean for citizens?
What I’m committed to do:
- Ensure citizens in District 1 maintain EASY and CONVENIENT access to your government.
- Ensure that all the backdrop information that guide the decisions of city council is made available to the citizens.
- Ensure that before council decisions are finalized, all pertinent (and legally available) information is available to the citizens.
- I will promote (stonecrestga.gov) a website to update citizens of all actions considered, made and taken by council.
- I will read and review every comment sent to me from citizens of Stonecrest regarding all issues relevant to the city.
City Council’s primary responsibility is to establish and maintain the initial services the city is committee to by law.
The initial services the city is responsible for are:
- Planning and Zoning
- Code Enforcement
- Parks and Recreation